Improved Technical Detail | May 2022
Share this article
Improved technical details question
Our big achievement of the month is making the additional technical details question more robust and easier to use. We’ve moved away from one big text box to three – one each for baseline, technical advance, and technical uncertainties. This makes it much easier for you to make sure that you’re only including the information that HMRC is really interested in! Alongside this, we’ve made it possible to add the dates of when each individual project took place and which area of science and technology it sought to advance, making your project write-ups much more robust!
We made a tiny tweak to the support section for each question, adding a brief explanation to make sure everyone understands what the CIRD links are for.
A few small bug fixes this month:
- We found a small issue with our payment set-up that allowed some credit card customers to add a direct debit payment method, which then prevented them from paying for a claim. We’ve taken away this option so it can’t happen again.
- Some clients were unable to pay for a claim review due to the way they pay for their claims. We’ve fixed this now to make sure everyone can pay for a claim review when they want one.
- The invoice description in the app didn’t accurately reflect the times when claim reviews had been paid for. This is now fixed.
- We’re days away from releasing the ‘Renewals’ view. This will give you a handy list of clients who:
- You’ve finished a claim for in the past;
- Have an available claim year;
- You haven’t started working with again.
This will help you manage your R&D client pipeline, and make sure that you don’t miss out on claims that you should be working on.
- We’re also very close to releasing the notes feature, which will allow users to add notes to questions. This will enable you to work more effectively on claims, and leave notes to make sure everyone working on a claim is on the same page.
- Once we get these out of the door, we’ll be working on giving all users a read-only view of finished claims, enabling you to go back and check answers and notes on previous claims without having to request a claim unlock.