As corona virus continues to spread many of our customers have told us that, come what may, they’ll be doing their utmost to help their SME clients stay in business and are focusing on those most in need of assistance. Fully appreciating the huge stress that some people are coming under, this got us thinking about specific ways we could help.
Help with new R&D claimants
To help take the strain off our most time-pressed accountancy customers, for the next eight weeks we’ll be dedicating resources to:
- Helping you identify which Limited companies could benefit from R&D tax relief;
- Screening those clients for eligibility and getting them set up on the system.
This will allow you to fast-track companies who haven’t claimed before.
More users and training
For the next 8 weeks we’re also relaxing our licensing rules to allow up to 10 people to use WhisperClaims for the price of 3 users. This enables not just the tax team to use it, but also staff who’re really close to your clients, such as Client or Account Managers.
We’re happy to on-board and train those new staff too, so that they hit the ground running, ensuring that all eligible companies in your portfolio get the R&D support they’re entitled to as quickly as possible.
Further support in processing claims – blending our expertise with yours
We’ve also been asked by several customers in the last few days whether our team could play a more active role in the delivery of their service. Jen and Richard are ex-R&D consultants and this is well within our capabilities.
Richard founded an R&D consultancy company called Jumpstart, now AGBI Ltd, in 2008 and was responsible for building the consultancy team from scratch.
Jen’s got a PhD in Immunology and worked on the R&D claims of 100s of companies.
If required, we can undertake the following on your behalf, freeing up your time to spend with those who need it most.
- Explain to clients the rules, pitfalls and opportunities of the R&D tax relief scheme;
- Walk clients through the system or their answers, ensuring they’re comfortable with their statements and compliance with the rules;
- Review R&D reports or client data, giving you specific feedback on risks and red flags;
- If you are extremely pushed for time, we can process all aspects of your client’s claim, providing you with the report and numbers for inclusion into the tax return.
If you want to discuss any of the above, you can get in touch on:
or 0800 211 8197.
We’re here to help.